“The Community Trust Foundation celebrates our rich historical and cultural heritage because it belongs to all of us.”
These funds help build a stronger creative community through the arts and historical preservation. They support the performing arts through art programs such as; acting, painting, drawing, reading, writing, music, dancing, storytelling, ceramics, etc. and educational opportunities that encourage lifelong learning and participation in the literary, visual, theatrical, musical and performing arts in the region.
These Funds also support programs and institutions that preserve the rich cultural heritage of the area including; museums, historic preservation societies, historic properties, community heritage and special districts. Funds also allow for the acquisition of artifacts, art, furniture and other collections.
“The Arts and Sciences, essential to the prosperity of the State and to the ornament of human life, have a primary claim to the encouragement of every lover of his country and mankind.” ~George Washington
This fund was established to build a stronger creative community through THE ARTS. Financial contributions support performing arts in our region; art programs (acting, painting, drawing, reading, writing, music, dancing, storytelling, ceramics, etc.), plus educational organizations & opportunities that encourage lifelong learning and participation in the literary, visual, theatrical, musical and performing arts in our region. This fund supports:
- Educational programs for all age levels that provide both classroom and experiential experiences in the arts
- Field trips
- Attendance at regional and national conferences and workshops
- Honorarium and expenses for scholars and consultants
- Print and non-print materials required for programs and public education
You will be donating to the THE ARTS FUND.
This fund is established by the Lefty Grove Memorial Committee to erect a statue of iconic baseball player and native son, Lefty Grove, in Lonaconing, Maryland. Lefty was recipient of the very first American League “Most Valuable Player” trophy presented by the Baseball Writer’s Association of America.
You will be donating to the THE LEFTY GROVE MEMORIAL FUND.
This purpose of this fund is to support charitable causes for social, art-related, scientific, literary, health and educational purposes in the tri-county region.
You will be donating to the HALMOS ARTS FUND.
“History is who we are and why we are the way we are..”
This fund supports:
- Programs and operations of museums, historic preservation societies, historic properties and community heritage sites, e.g., special districts and neighborhoods;
- Purchase of artifacts, art and/or furniture to enhance collections;
- Print and non-print “publications” that focus on local history and culture;
- Preservation of buildings, sites and neighborhoods;
- Programs that celebrate local and regional culture;
- Oral histories focusing on historical and cultural heritage;
- Lectures, workshops and exhibitions;
- Visiting scholars and consultants;
- Financial support for administrators and curators to attend conferences and workshops that enhance their knowledge and expertise;
- Matching funds for state, federal and private grants.
This fund does not normally support endowment funds. Grants will not be made to support or oppose legislation, nor to support or oppose political candidates or parties.
You will be donating to the HISTORICAL & CULTURAL HERITAGE FUND.
Your gift will support initiatives to make Allegany County, Maryland a more vibrant community in which to live, work and raise a family.
You will be donating to the IRIS & PETER HALMOS COMMUNITY FUND.
The Naylor Family Trust generously supports charitable causes focusing on education and culture in western Maryland and West Virginia.
You will be donating to the NAYLOR FAMILY TRUST FUND.