Applying For A Grant
We make grants to 501(c)(3) organizations and agencies in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland and in Mineral County West Virginia. We do not make grants to individuals. Please address any questions to email@example.com or by phone at 301-876-9172.
A simpler way of submitting grants is here!
CTF is pleased to announce the implementation of a new grant management system that is accessible by using the link above. Our 2024 Grant Application Deadline is February 28, 2024.
If you have any questions, please call 301-876-9172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible organizations must be:
- 501(c)(3) organizations and agencies or have a sponsor 501 (c)(3) agency OR
- Recognized governmental entities including state, county, or city agencies such as health departments
- Educational facilities, such as K-12 public, private, or charter schools or school districts and higher education institutions
- Located in and/or primarily serve residents of Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland and in Mineral County West Virginia
- Non-discriminatory in the hiring of staff or in providing services based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
CTF’s General Grant applications shall not be used to request funds for:
- Programs that proselytize for specific political actions or religious beliefs
- General operating support
- Programs involving fundraising
- Reimbursement of past expenses
CTF Priority Funding Areas: Typical grant awards range from 2,500 to 10,000 in the following priority areas:
- Arts & Historical Preservation
- Education & Youth Leadership
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation & Thriving Environment
Once you submit your application, you cannot edit the form. Please review your answers before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email if your application was submitted.
CTF Grant Timeline:
- Applications will be reviewed in the month of March.
- Award notifications will be emailed in the month of May.
- If approved, CTF will present grant awards in June.
- Please make sure a representative will be present to accept the award in person. The time and location will be sent with the award letter.
The Community Trust Foundation (CTF) serves as a community leader in philanthropy by raising, managing and distributing funds to address identified needs in Allegany and Garrett Counties, Maryland and in Mineral County, West Virginia. We partner with area non-profits and donors to make effective grants and enable local citizens to generate local solutions in their communities. We make grants to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations dedicated to building better, stronger, more vital communities in the region.
Since our inception in 2006, CTF has awarded over $6 million in grants, building stronger more vibrant communities. CTF grants support; the arts, education, historical preservation, health and wellness and building a thriving environment. We are committed to identifying high-priority needs and opportunities to make a significant positive impact on the community. CTF grants are typically used to provide start-up or short-term funding to innovative projects designed to meet emerging needs or with creative solutions to longer-term issues.
“While we can’t go back and create a new beginning in anyone’s life, with your help we can insure positive endings more often for more people in our community.”
~Vic Rezendes, CTF Grants Committee Member
Building stronger, more vibrant communities is more than our slogan. It is what we do. Since our inception, we have awarded over $6 million in grants that in turn are shaping our community’s future with strategic investments. About half of our grants focus on education and preparing our children to be future leaders. We are also committed to improving the economic vitality of our area with over 40 percent of our grants going to the arts and historical preservation. The remaining grants focus on health and wellness and improving the quality of life and environment.
A Focus on our Region
CTF targets funding in Allegany and Garrett Counties in Maryland, and in Mineral County in West Virginia. To learn more about some of our recent activity in these areas, please click on one of the links below or in the sidebar to the right…